Wednesday 26 August 2009

Six


In the words of 'The Killers' - 'Smile, Like You Mean It'

I've made this card from odds and ends just as a gentle reminder to keep smiling. I do feel that in this busy world some people have actually forgotten how to smile! I know, how shocking is that? It has to be one of the easiest things to do AND it costs nothing. It warms the heart and you never know, you may even get one back!

Do you remember being a kid and laughing so much that you could have been sick? Your belly and cheeks hurt from giggling and then when the fit had finally passed you couldn't remember what you were laughing at. That just set you off again ...... ahh...good times they were. I do still get the odd occassion like that. It's a great feeling.

Just take a look next time you're walking down a busy street. Folk are always in a hurry to get somewhere, bustling about, blank expressions, shouting into their mobile phones and some have hardly the time, energy or inclination to even lift their heads to see what's ahead of them.

I don't see this so much where I live, a small town in NI where you could have said 'hello,hiya' a dozen times from one end of the main street (which isn't all that long!) to the other. I do notice it more when I venture outside of this country area to the city. T'is funny, I know almost everyone who lives in this street but I have friends who live in Belfast and they haven't a clue who their immediate neighbours are. Can you imagine what it's like in huge city like London?

So anyway, keep smiling ......

No comments:

Post a Comment